Save Money on your Heating and Cooling Bills – The best way to make sure your HVAC system provides trouble-free operation and peak performance is to schedule regular preventative maintenance.
At Georgia Climate Control we understand the importance of providing our customers with peace of mind that their air conditioning and heating system is running efficiently. During the summer and winter months your air conditioning and heating system are a necessity. These are also the times when your system works the hardest and typically breaks down. Our factory authorized and trained technicians can perform a full system maintenance on any make and model of air conditioning and heating equipment.
Why is it important to have your Air Conditioning and Heating system Maintenance?
- Help extend equipment life
- Restores Capacity
- Keeps cost at a minimum, repairing minor problems as they appear before they become major malfunctions
- Reduces utility bills and improves safety
We do recommend two visits per year, one in the spring and once again in the fall, to help avoid equipment failure in severe hot or cold weather when you need your HVAC system the most.
The old adage is true: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Below you’ll find our Preventative Maintenance Checklist, which is our proven method to keep your system at peak performance, reduce energy consumption, and will keep your home in constant comfort, keeping you “Comfortably Worry Free”.
Among the leading ways to reduce furnace or any heating system breakdowns and make sure it runs efficiently is with yearly scheduled tune-ups on your furnace or heating system. Just like an automobile, or any mechanical equipment, the life of a furnace or Heating System will be extended with preventive maintenance, which ensures that all the elements of the unit are working perfectly. In addition, regular cleanings can help pinpoint issues before they become big problems. You can avoid eventual loss of heat during the winter and high cost repairs by scheduling an annual furnace or heating system tune-up.
What Does our Furnace/Heating system Tune-Up Include?
- Inspect blower assembly (includes blower housing, blower wheel and motor)
- Lubricate motors, inspect and replace fan blower belt (if applicable)
- Check combustion blower housing for lint and debris and clean as necessary
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines. Clean as needed
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces
- Inspect burner assembly – clean and adjust as needed (If accessible)
- Inspect ignition system and safety controls – clean and adjust as needed
- Inspect heat exchanger or heating elements
- Inspect flue system – check for proper attachment to the furnace, any dislocated sections, and for signs of corrosion. Advise customer and replace if necessary.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring and connections
- Clean or replace air filters
- Inspect conditioned airflow system (ductwork) – check for leaks
WHILE YOUR SYSTEM IS OPERATING…
- Monitor system starting characteristics and capabilities
- Listen for abnormal noise
- Search for source of unusual odors
- Monitor air conditioning and heat pump systems for correct refrigerant charge
- Measure high and low side system pressures
- Monitor gas furnace for correct line and manifold gas pressure – make adjustments as needed
- Measure temperature rise and adjust airflow as needed
- Check vent system for proper operation
- Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps
- Monitor system operation per manufacturer’s specifications
- Provide system operation report and recommend repairs or replacement as necessary
Having a maintenance program could save you from an untimely expensive repair. Protect your investment and enroll in Georgia Climate Control’s, Maintenance Agreement. Our technicians are trained to tackle any kind of air conditioning and heating issues, including those involving heat pumps, furnaces, and much more.
Contact Metro Atlanta’s Top Heating & Air Conditioning Maintenance Company – Georgia Climate Control
Contact us today to schedule your air conditioning and heating maintenance visit which will help lower your utility bills, reduce repair costs, and extend the life of your system.